Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Blake's Poem, Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience

We had had our meeting with The Supervisor; it is brief and a simple meeting. We browse our ideas one by one. He gave comments and refines those who need to be refined. He seemed to give us the freedom to choose what we would like to make research about. We are still not sure on what to do precisely, as we had to be very independent…but I felt maybe because we had so much guidance in writing our position paper, we had become unable in thinking for ourselves. It’s a new view, but I felt I might turn out alright like always.

I chose Blake. I found his poems portray a lot of children characters. Not only that, he wrote of their misery in the very deepest way. I found out that these meanings (the abusive adults towards middle class children…an insult to the church as well to the authorities) are not discovered in the early 100 years of its publish. Only when the people have gone through many revolutions and modernization that they said there’s something about this man (Blake)

I was surprised…to know that they had actually considered Blake’s poem as children poems (just because there are a lot of them in the work). It sounds to be like the ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’ verse. There are a lot more to find out, but I think I would stay with this topic.

No comments: