Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Position Paper

Now, it’s time to approve with the points. I got mine approved of during the second time the class met to review on our points. I was quite glad actually, as I could start early. Surprisingly, I do not have any difficulties in refining the points (I only need to refine it in terms of its grammatical errors only…hmn hmn)

These are my points:
- Orphan’s guardian is allowed by the parish authority to use the orphan as a means to get money.
- The parish does not prioritize the orphan’s charity, but are more concerned with the profits that the orphan could make for them.
- The orphans are not considered as children, but less than human and are not given any humanity values.
- The authorities use Christian values to cultivate the orphans’ guilt to silence their underfed and overworked conditions.
- The orphans are given away with rewards to any middle worker who needs apprentice without taking into consideration the orphans’ well being with the new guardian.

To get all these points, I had to find the different aspects of any forms of cruelty, negligence and discrimination performed to Oliver or the other orphans.
There are three different types of people that I had recognized as those who discriminate:
- The Parish (highest form of power in the society)
- The Guardian (those that are in contact with the orphans)
- The Society (those who turns a blind eye)

It’s advisable for you to read this fascinating book ‘Oliver Twist’ before actually reading my position paper, and let me know what you think,

No comments: