Saturday, August 4, 2007

i got my thesis statement

When I came into the class, the rest of my colleagues are still battling with our thesis statement. Only about ten of us have passed on their thesis statement. So I put down mine:
Hypocrisy emerges through the misuse of Christian obligation towards the orphans.

Well, luckily this time around Dr. accepted it but changed the obligation to values. Which has turns out like this:

Hypocrisy emerges through the misuse of Christian values towards the orphans.

I like it, it sounds more matured and compact. Now what I need to get are the points. Just that… so I decided to build points from the villain point of view. I listed out all of the antagonists, which I mainly think plays a major role in making Oliver’s life more difficult.
But as I went through the whole list (which is not quite completed yet) it seems unsuitable and it does not have a topic sentence. But you could not make a character your topic sentence and list out all the bad things they’ve done. What if two characters did the same villainous thing to Oliver, like the parish authority and Mr. Bumble for instance? I guess it does not fit quiet right.

No comments: